HBLB has adopted a Code of Practice designed to ensure a high standard of corporate governance.
In line with Treasury guidelines, Members of the HBLB Board are required to make a declaration of their personal interests relevant to their responsibilities as members of the HBLB.
These interests are listed below.
PAUL LEE, (Chairman) - appointed 1 October 2009 by the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport.
- Member of Boards of various companies in the property sector including Leaf Properties Limited.
- Chairman Feoffees of Chetham’s School of Music.
- Chairman Opera North.
- Fellow of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award World Fellowship.
- Deputy Lieutenant of Greater Manchester.
- Governor, University of Manchester.
- Part-ownership of racehorses, including participation in syndicates.
LORD RISBY OF HAVERHILL - appointed 1 January 2016 by the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport.
MAGGIE CARVER, Chairman - Racecourse Association Ltd.
PHILIP FREEDMAN, Chairman - Horsemen's Group.
- Member of Thoroughbred Breeders Association.
- Member of Racehorse Owners Association.
- Member of the Jockey Club.
- Chairman of Trustees of British European Breeders Fund.
- Managing Director Cliveden Stud Ltd.
- Owner of racehorses and own breeding operation.
- Non Executive Director Racehorse Trader Ltd.
- Trustee of the Wavertree Trust.
- Consultant James Cowper LLP.
NICK RUST, Chief Executive, British Horseracing Authority.
- Owner and part-owner of racehorses.
MIKE O'KANE, Chairman, Bookmakers' Committee.
- Minority shareholder in Ladbrokes Coral Group plc.